Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Be inspired.

 
Have you ever felt like you've hit rock bottom? I sure have. I used that feeling to pick my ass back up and move forward! It has been the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done. I am 27 with a story. A story I don't mind sharing. Granted I won't share it all right now, I will say that if you asked me where I thought I'd be in my adult life, my current life would not have been the answer. Of course no one can really have a set plan without deviating, but I never saw myself here. My life today has evolved from the events that have come about in the last 9 years after highschool. I had intentions of going to college to play hockey, become a doctor, and have lots of money! Who doesn't want money right? But, life is not about money. It's about enjoying it and making the best of it! So I did, I jumped by the seat of my pants, often times getting myself into trouble or doing things I wouldn't normally do...but that only builds character right?
 
So needless to say, I never went on to play hockey after high school, I am clearly not a doctor, and I definitely don't have millions! ;) But what I do have is sooo much better! I had to go through trials and tribulations to get where I am, but I was determined....

 
I believed I could...and I did. I am not yet where I want to be, but I have come so much farther than I once was. I've wanted to blame others for my misfortune, but it's no ones fault but my own. Perhaps I thought I needed someone else to make me happy. I was wrong. Once you are happy with yourself and can truly be content, everything seems at peace and worth while.
 
I kept my head held high, pushed my shame aside, and trudged forward on this journey I'll call my life. Don't get my wrong, things surely aren't perfect, but they are worth while and I am absolutely content with what I have accomplished while rebuilding my new life.
 
My story is no better than anyone else's, as we all fight battles no one knows about. But I want to inspire those who've been at rock bottom, those who have felt worthless, and those who are stuck in a funk. I was there. I felt like things would NEVER get better, I felt like I would feel shitty everyday, I felt like I couldn't heal emotionally. I wanted to run away from my problems instead of face them head on.
 
When I finally did face them, I climbed my ass back up to the top. My story is my own and isn't to be compared to anyone else's. I don't yearn for what other's have. I have worked extremely hard to get where I am and couldn't be prouder. I've done things I never thought I'd have the opportunity to do and did them with confidence. On top of picking myself back up, I trusted my support system (family) to be there for me if I did slip. Having that support system was a driving force to being a better me. And of course, my amazing daughter and soon to be son have driven me to do better for myself and for them. Who knew a child could mean so much to one person, I don't have words to explain how important they are to me. But I want them to know that everything I've done to be better, is from their presence and for their future.
 
So be inspired my friends. Life is not easy, and it's almost easier to give up and mope, but pick your ass up and go! Your future self with thank you!






No comments: