Thursday, December 12, 2013

We're in this together...

Can I just brag and say that I have the most amazing family anyone could ever ask for?

I have a unique bond with my parents and sister, and it couldn't be better. They are truly my inspiration and best friends and have helped me get to where I am today.

The other day I was having one of my usual phone conversatoins with my dad, he typically calls to visit when he's driving, which I love! We were talking about life in general and just how we've all struggled and pulled together as a family.

 
I was sharing my concern and the feeling of being terrified for raising two kiddos alone, and I will never forget when he said, "We're in this together." That was exactly what I needed to hear, and it couldn't have come at a better time! (With pregnancy emotions, my due date approaching, and 9 months of waiting for reality, I have been slightly overwhelmed)

He assured me that no matter what happens, we (my family) are all in this together! And it's not just regarding my kiddos, but in all the struggles we've been in. We step up to help each other out in any way we can. We listen to each other, spend time together, and come together as a family when no one else steps up.

--> Last night, I made dinner and my parents came over for dinner and helped me get Baby Linc's room finished and put plastic over the windows (sooo cold). I could tell my dad wasn't feeling the greatest, but he was here, and he helped me until it was done. What a trooper! :)

Love your family, my friends!



No comments: