Tuesday, December 24, 2013

He's here!

Oh baby!

My beautiful baby boy, Lincoln made his appearance on Saturday, December 21, 2013 @12:34! He weighed in at 8.6 lbs and 20.5" long!

He's simply amazing and I immediately fell in love! :)

My labor, however, was not so amazing and lasted too long for my liking! When I started keeping track of contractions, it was 10pm Friday night. They lasted 1min every 3 minutes until baby was born nearly 14 hours later! I had excruciating back labor that was so painful I threw up several times. I figured through the night I'd made progress, but at 6am when I went to the hospital, I was still only 2cm! WTH! So I walked, rolled on the ball, and took a bath...I then progressed to a 7 and DEMANDED an epidural by this time! It was heavenly and completely dulled the back pain!

When I got to 10, dr was ready to have me push. Fue to having no feeling, I pushed for an hour before they turned the epidural down. By then I had feeling and pushed that baby right out! :) He had a rather large head that I definitely struggled with!

So anyways, he made his appearance, his daddy cut his umbilical cord, and all was well with mom and baby!

No comments: