Monday, May 26, 2014

This day...

Is Memorial day. A day dedicated to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice while fighting for our country. You will never be forgotten for your act of heroism and valor.

I went to a small memorial parade this morning. It's always very emotional for me watching our flag march by, carried by the veterans of past wars. They take such pride. The very last thing was a man in a black uniform walking along a horse wearing a POW-MIA saddle. I most definitely shed a tear for those who became prisoners of war, and worse, missing in action.
I pray for the families who've suffered the loss of a soldier. They too gave the ultimate sacrifice.

To my fellow brothers and sisters, always remember those who've lost their lives so we could continue to serve and live ours.

No comments: