Sunday, April 4, 2010

Just another day for me...But a day to make a change

So it's Easter today. Yep, another holiday spent away from the family back home. I just can not seem to get in the holiday spirit when we are so far from home. I wanted to do the whole Easter shabang this year, you know, church, easter bunny comes to hide B's basket, egg hunts, and a big Easter dinner. Well, it didn't and is not happening. Instead, I have spent my Easter looking through old pictures and creating photo books on Snapfish (how I love thee). While reminiscing over old photos from years ago, I began to think, about EVERY thing possible. Where has the time gone? If I could go back to 2008, I would be there! We had just moved to California, newly weds, a lovely 7 month old, great friends and family near by, and my jeans FIT!

I have decided that tomorrow (no, not today) I will start my new daily routine. I can't say it is going to be a diet, because I am not going to give up EVERY thing I like to eat. I will just be eating healthier, and in moderation, and the gym WILL be included in  my new routine. It's a must. I am currently a size 10ish, but my goal is get down to an loose 8. That was my comfortable area and I miss that! I currently do NOT know how much I weigh, I haven't actually weighed myself since August 2009, for the longest time I would step on the scale hourly and fret over every .01 lb added to the scale. I HAD to give that up, as it was driving me crazy. So accomplishing the goal of becomming a size 8 by June, I also want to be 140-145 lbs. Making an estimate, that maybe is about 15 lbs to lose. I know I can do it, as I have done it before. Just staying motivated and having extra support is all I need!

My cousin is getting married in June and I want to attend her wedding, in a summer dress! I haven't showed my legs to the public since probably 2008. There really is nothing wrong with them, but I just feel that with toner legs and a healthier lifestyle, I will be much more confident to strut my stuff! T has been losing weight as well and getting his basic-training body back, which is another form of motivation. I definitely don't want my man thinner than I am! :(

On another weight issue note, I am a proud military wife, but sure do not want to fall in that category. There is a typical stereotype of military wives. They tend to be overweight and lack a sense of style. I can not fall into that category! I am not saying all military wives are this way, but it is true for some. I find it hard to believe that it's possible for spouses to be overweight. Our husbands have to pass a physical fitness test, and be "fit to fight." If our husband's can do it, why can't we?

So let's see how well I do the next 2 months with my new routine and possible daily life change! Wish me luck!

No comments: