Thursday, April 29, 2010

CU 4 Reality

CU 4 Reality is put on by Service Credit Union Overseas, targeted towards 7th-8th graders. It is like a mini-confrence/seminar directed towards showing these kids what reality is actually like when you get older and pay your own bills. The kids come in, assigned a job and given a budget! They go around to different booths to get their necessities to live and extras if they can afford it. There are booths for things such as utilities, housing, cars, entertainment, clothing, temptations, and credit/finance advisors. I worked at the temptation booth, basically telling these kids they need things such as spa treatments, monthly hair cuts/styles, high-end handbags, gym memberships, pets, etc. I'm not so great at sales and marketing, and those kiddos sure gave me a run for my money! Their comebacks were too funny! It was easy to sell the guys Coach handbags for their wives/girlfriends, but the second I mention a haircut, it goes something like: "well, I'll just walk around my neighboor hood and find someone with a scissors." :) I was able to sell the guys massages as well, they all were googly-eyed towards that!

But things like the gym membership, not so much! It was sad trying to offer that to the girls, I had this TINY girl look at me and say "I'm fat, I defintely need the gym membership!" She was totally serious! :( Made me sad! I don't remember too often at 13 years old saying I was fat. I was too young to even know the difference! Anyways, long story short, these kids learned a real lesson today, that their parents go through very tough times to make ends meet, and it's most definitely not as easy or free as it seems! My job wasn't all that important, but I was quite satisfied at the end of the day, that I got to help these kids take a bite outta reality and see what they have to look forward too! :)

Well, on another note, I have SO much on my mind right now, I can't even think of anything to write about! My week has been a blur, I was convinced that today was Friday (It's only Thursday). I have been busy NON-stop! It's crazy, I enjoy being busy but feel like I am forgetting so much! I write everyone on a list here and there, and than FORGET where I put my list or FORGET that I wrote it down somewhere! Bah! Hopefully next week, it will settle down just a bit! If not, I will be on VACAY in a month to my favorite place, MN!

I am still on the hunt for a new camera, I found one I want online for $100 less than they have at the store, but I need to budget some things first before I can purchase it! We had to add another expence for daycare, boy oh boy does that add up after a while! Again, considering opening up a daycare! Kiddos are just too fun! Well, I guess I shall make my way to bed, another early morning ahead of me tomorrow! Probably won't be back until Monday, but I may make a small appearance over the weekend! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! :)

No comments: