Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh technology...how I love you...and...

HATE you! Can you believe how advanced technology has become, just in the last 15 years? It is unreal. Technology and all of it's amazing quirks and horrific downfalls have been on my mind lately. My current battle with technology is online schooling. BAH! I know it is convenient and easy and blah blah FREAKING blah, BUT it is not for  me. It is too easy to log on, write a few sentences for discussion, and write a few papers. But I am currently in an algebra class, NOT easy if you don't have a teacher to watch or go to for questions. Math is more of a "write it down and solve out the problem step by step." I sit at a computer ALL day long, I don't want to come home and spend the rest of my night sitting in front of the damn computer again! It's killing my back and my family time! WTH!

Okay so maybe it's not that bad, but I am frustrated with it and would rather go to a REAL school with REAL teachers who actually have teaching degrees! UGh!

Another technology downfall, debit/credit cards and ATM machines. WTH do we do when the financial instituion we use has system failures or updates. We don't know when that happens, but you go to the store or the ATM and guess what, DECLINED! The other day, the credit unions system was down, the ONLY way to get money was to walk your ass into the bank and withdraw money. I have never seen such angry or rude people in my life. They try to blame me for the issues, as if I have any control over that! But anyways, as I was thinkin throughout the day, people have their entire life savings in some financial institution somewhere, what do we do when the system is down? I mean do we continue to trust the banks and keep our money in there, maybe have a safe at home with our money in it, or split it half and half, that way we at least earn interest? I mean WTH do we do? I was talkin to the branch manager about money in general, and say for SOME reason, EVERYONE needed to get their money out of the bank, did you know it is NOT Possible??! Banks do not hold enough money in their vaults to suffice EVERYONE who has an account there. So then what? Something to think about huh!

We are beginning to depend way to much upon technology. Some day it will get the best of us! It wouldn't hurt to become more simple. I mean honestly, do we REALLY need internet on our phones, WI-FI in the lunch room, grocery shopping online? We are getting lazier and lazier and less and less smart as time goes on! What is it going to be like when our children are old enough to be on their own?

Okay, done rasing some hell! On the upside, there are some GREAT things about technology of course! Especially in the medical and criminal field. With out some of that technology, people wouldn't be able to overcome illness and criminals would get away with so much more! And yes, I will admit it is nice to have internet on the phone, you know for that important e-mail you have been waiting for all week, or  whatever it is people NEED it for. I can't complain too much, but just saying!

And that is it for now! I have spent ALL day on the computer and I am now shot! I'll be back tomorrow AFTER my 5 hours of homework!

No comments: