Monday, April 12, 2010

My toddler calls me "Ash-hole"

Observing toddlers..is that a real job? If so, I'm applying yesterday! I am currently on the couch watching B try to put together some blocks. It's just amazing that only two short years ago, she was still in my tummy. She now has this amazing little personality and out-smarts me...daily. The other day I asked her what she was doing, "mommy, I'm chillin'." Chillin'? My child just told me she was chillin'? What's next? You could say she is 2 going on 15, everytime I ask her something lately, I get the "leave me alone mom" saying. Makes me a bit sad! And what else is new, instead of calling me momma, mommy, or mom, she calls me "Ash" when she is talking to me! And not just sometimes, she adds "Ash" to the end of everything she says to me! It's just funny what she comes up with!

An update on my change of eating habits and excercising: going well so far! I have been attempting to eat breakfast, lunch, and an early dinner. It's working! As far as the excercise, I haven't been to the gym enough, but have been doing a little something somethin at home. The weather is finally nice for me to start running outside! :) I'm not sure I lost any weight, but I do feel better and am happier looking in the mirror, perhaps just the committment to make a change is a step in the right direction! This week I have some extra time off, so planning to do some outdoor activities, possibly a hike in the mountains here in Germany. That would be an adventure, I do however need to find someone interested in this new adventure with me. T and I don't really have the same exercising habits and he typically doesn't enjoy running or walking for "fun." But we shall see!

Work is going well, still working at SCU and Chili's. Trying to save some $$, take some trips, and go home to the states! Shopping is calling my name! Speaking of shopping, I may have an impulse problem! I went to the store the other day for shoes for B, I walked out with a $30+ pair of shoes for her and a $70 bag for myself. Yea, not good, since I don't have the money for that! But I fell in love with the bag and she NEEDs shoes! Yes, justifying it isn't the right thing to do when it comes to that!

Anywho, just a random blog! This weekendI am hoping to do some traveling, perhaps Switzerland or the Black Forest?! Either would be qute lovely! I want to get as much out of living in Europe as possible!

My current military complaint: Air Force personell vs. Army personell. For those of you living the military lifestyle, have you noticed a difference between the two? Not work ethic, but personality wise? I don't have very much experience with the military, but going from an Army base to an AF base was like going from college back to highschool. Everyone has their drama and the place they came from, but for some reason AF has too much drama and all came from good homes, and have this mentality that they are better than anyone else. How can you be liek that, when A: you put your pants on just like everyone else B: Ya'll wear the same uniform and C: Ya'll work for the same man, Mr. Obama! How can one of you be better than the other? Seriously, for as many arrogant Army folk I have met, I have met 100 times more arrogant AF folk. It just blows my mind that I have met so many people this way just becuase of their Branch of Service, makes me a little worried as to who is fighting for our country! Don't get me wrong, I have met some pretty awesome people in the Air Force, my sister is in the AF, but it's just crazy that I can even tell a difference in personality type from one Branch of Service to another!

Enough rambling for the day, be home in MN on May 31! WOOOOOOT! I am so excited to see my family! Speaking of family, I am NOT coming home to get into any drama or take sides, and if this is the case, don't expect to see us very often!  Take care all, love you!

No comments: