Wednesday, June 25, 2014

As I lay here...

My mind is racing! Racing with thoughts across the board... I should be sleeping, wait, I need to be sleeping! But I'm not, I'm wide awake...constantly checking both kids making sure they are okay! Linc is still struggling with respiratory problems and bri came down with a 102 fever tonight. Does it ever end? Sheesh!

To be continued....

I'm back. I was able to sneak in another hour of sleep, but to do so, had to move to the couch with Linc to get him comfortable. Earlier he napped there for 3 hours....needless to say, I was hoping he'd do the same. But I'll take one hour over nothing!

... and now it's morning. Did I even sleep? Ugh! I'm so over this...it breaks my heart when my kids are sick!

I'm beginning to resent a few things...unfortunately I don't have a choice but to be a full time single mom with very little help aside from my close family. It is me who doesn't sleep, it is me who has to risk my job because I have to stay home from work, it is me who has to survive solely on myself. So dont 'you' dare compare your struggles to mine. We are not in the same boat and I'm in this alone because of you.

I know I have support, but at times it would be helpful to have someone else take the nightly duties or watch my babies so I can get to work or take care of necessities or simply to share the good times with. I'm feeling mighty bitter today.

End rant.

No comments: