Friday, March 7, 2014

Dating...

I guess I hoped I'd never have to date someone new after I got married, but it looks like that's not the case. I am finally ready to get out there and hopefully meet someone genuine and right for me.

With my hectic life, it's literally impossible to meet someone! So I am giving online dating a try. I will admit that it's not my first choice but I have to start somewhere.
I've had my profile up for about a week. Lots of 'winks', emails, and profile views...with all that, I've found one legit connection. I am not sure what I should expect for this. And in all honesty, it's so overwhelming.

Already, I've had guys send rude messages because I didn't respond right away. And another go out of his way to send a message only to come back and say he wasn't interested. Rejection at its finest.

How long do I need to stick this out? I don't like meeting strangers, as I am very skeptical of people because of past relationships. How do I make this easier?

I see many people are on this site to simply hook up...that's NOT what I am looking for. The last time that happened, I got pregnant and ignored. I know it wont happen again, but I'm not in the mood to take that risk.

Perhaps I am much better being single...or maybe I should stop looking for someone and hope for something to happen on its own. Ah...we shall see what happens I guess.

No comments: