Saturday, March 22, 2014

Blog challenge: how have you changed in the past 2 years?

I am going to change that to the last 3 years, as that is when my life made a complete 180...

I am happy to say that I have changed for the better in so many ways. A major change is how I view life in general. It has been a long road, but at the end of the day, I am still alive and blessed with so much. I value you family and my relationships. Its all about quality not quantity. I am okay with my small tight-knit group of people in my life. They are all that matters.

I was young and dumb and did dumb things. I am glad I experienced that scene, but am also glad that i no longer have a desire to party or drink. I would much rather spend an evening home with my littles watching movies, playing Pet Shops, and stealing every moment I can before an early bedtime!

I have learned how to be alone and how to accept being alone. And as a matter of fact, its okay. I get to do me all day. I want a partner to enjoy life with, but I know its not a top priority. I am content with where I am and how I am. It will take a lot to change my relationship status to anything but single!

I have always been a respectful person, no matter the situation. I have learned that showing respect shows what kind of person you are. As much as I may dislike someone, I give them the respect. There are a few people who don't deserve my respect, but I will do my best to..."kill them with kindness."

Overall, I have changed and grown into an adult. I have had the ability to recreate my life and turn it in to my own regardless of what has been thrown at me. I no longer yearn for others approval and trying to please them. I no longer feel the necessity to put forth an effort towards toxic relationships, it is, indeed, okay to walk away from those who are no longer fit.

Change can be difficult, and by all means, it was for me. However, those changes have made my life 100% better. No question!

No comments: