Monday, November 11, 2013

What a weekend...

I have to say my weekend was good and bad all at the same time.

The saddest part of my weekend was a memorial service for my beautiful Great Grandma Gladys. She passed away in September and we just now had a service for her. It was nice catching up with family and hearing some stories about my grandma. She was definitely unique and full of the business! :) I was glad I was there to support my mom who has been a part of my grandma's caretaking and handling other legal matters. She was a trooper! Rest in peace GGG!

On the bright side, Briahna got a pretty awesome surpise on Thursday night. I told her we were going to have a girls day on Friday at the Mall of America, little did she know her daddy was waiting for her at our hotel! She had no idea he was coming! I was so happy that she finally got to see him, it had been several months since she saw him. The weekend was full of daddy time for her! They did the Mall of America park and T-Wolves game, saw the movie Free Birds, and took a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese. She came home with prizes galore! I tagged along for a few things but really wanted to let them have their time together. I know it was out of her norm to have him here, but again, just glad she was able to see him! :) Until next time...

With daddy being in town, it was an emotional realiztion for me. I struggled the entire weekend trying to keep my composure and not be upset. I am happy to say that we got along and were very civil to each other. I did my best to make him feel comfortable here and that he was taken care of. As did he, he assisted with some baby #2 stuff and made sure I was okay. As difficult as it was/is to heal after divorce, I can honestly admit that I can be his friend and be civil for my kiddos and myself. I am also happy that he got to feel his son wiggle around in my belly and get a glimpse that this is real and baby#2 will be here soon...

soon...like less than 40 days!! Baby #2 is cookin away and growing like a weed. I am just about 35 weeks along and am getting more and more nervous for him to get here! Excited and nervous I should say! What am I going to do!! How am I going to do this! AH! I am slowly getting his room ready, I finally have at least a few essential items and can survive the first few weeks with everything I have...but yikes! Just the thought of everything that comes with a new baby scares me!! EEEEK!

Can't say this blog was interesting or exciting...just needed to write! I have a lot more to say...but need to pace myself and take some time to absorb my thoughts before I put them into words!

Lastly, I would like to thank all the Veteran's! What is a Veteran? A Veteran - whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his/her life.'

Thank you to my fellow brothers and sisters! I couldn't be more proud to serve with those past, prestent, and future to defend our home! Thank a Vet and remember what they've done for you!

No comments: