Monday, January 14, 2013

Protien anyone?

So I have recently started taking protien to help with my fitness goals. I bought chocolate and vanilla and to be honest, it tastes horrible mixed with just water! So I have tried a few other remedies and viola...they taste delightful! Here are a few of my most recent concoctions:

Ambed with Energy
-1 scoop chocolate protein powder
-1 cup almond milk
-1 cup fresh brewed coffee (I used Folgers)
-crushed ice
--mix together in a blender bottle
This shake gives you the engery and protein you need to get through the day!

Mango Tango
-1/2 cup almond milk
-1/2 cup mango smoothie V8 juice
-1/4 cup orange juice
-1 scoop vanilla protein powder
-handful of frozen cut mangos
-handful of frozen sliced peaches
-crushed ice
--mix together in a blender, may need to play around with the amount of liquid added

The Quick Recovery
-8 to 10 oz. almond milk
-1 scoop chocolate protein
--blend together using your blender bottle. Great for post-workout recovery for those exhausted muscles!

I will have to play around with some more recipes and find some tastey ways to enjoy getting that protein we all need for our fitness goals and weightloss journeys!


--know your limitations, then defy them

No comments: