Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What a weekend

What a weekend! It was bittersweet I'd say. Friday I spent part of the day with my girl Kris and little Liam! He's almost 2 and makes me so excited for my little guy! That evening I went to see Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 with my little love and Kayla. It was a lovely day catching up with friends! :)

Saturday, however, was a sad day. We laid my beautiful Great Grandma Gladys to rest. It was bitter cold and rainu, but well worth the chill. She always drank vinegar and used it for everything, so to send her on her way, we poured a bottle all around her tombstone. It was quite a rush when the Pastor said the Lord's Prayer...a huge gust of wind just about knocked us on our ass! It definitely was a sign that she was ready to go. After the burial, we went for lunch with some family and shared some good stories about our silly GGG! :) peace out grams!

Sunday, I took Briahna to Sunday School. I don't pish the religion thinv, but I do believe it's important fir her to have the knowledge for when she is older to make that choice on her own. So far tho, she loves it! I met my other Granny there and joined her for the church service. I haven't been to church in years, but I will say it was a positive experience and I'd go again. I have my oen beliefs, but this particular Sunday hit home for me. The Pastor spoke of sinners amd saints. His sermon reminded me that even tho I have made mistakes in the past, that I, now, am not the mistakes I once made. As my picture states, every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. Well said.

After church, Granny came over for coffee and Scrabble! I kicked her butt! I also worked on my LinkedIn profile with am attempt to put myself out there for bigger and better things! That evening, nana invited us over for a delicious dinner, stuffed porkchops! Yum!

Anyways... it was a lovely weekend and I'm so thankful for what I've been blessed with! :) have a lovely day!

No comments: