Wednesday, June 26, 2013

All good things come to an end...2

So I actually posted this before, last year sometime I believe...but I've been trying to put my feelings into words and this sort of sums it up, all over again. Can you imagine preparing for a divorce, getting all things ready, and reconciling...ONLY to have to prepare for a divorce a second time?? Broke my heart then, and breaks my heart now...even more than the first time I'd say. If I can offer any sort of marriage advice: give it your honest effort to make amends and fix what's bent and keep your significant other close to your side. Make them "your person" and treat them better than anyone else! They chose to be with you for a reason, that means a whole lot now a days! :)

Blog Repeat:

I should actually say all good things come to an end.

I am slightly bitter at the moment. Everyone I know is in love, getting married, recently got married, or having babies, etc. And here I am, getting a divorce at 26 years old. It was a long time coming but the fact that it's here, it's kind of upsetting. It's not an easy process, and it really brings out feelings I never knew I could even feel. I am kind of at a loss for words. I don't know how I am supposed to feel or what to think. Can I say that I tried my best to make it work? I hope so, I have a hard time accepting failure, so giving up is extremely difficult for this girl. But hey, I am putting one foot in front of the other in hopes to make it through the process. Bleh. They say the grieving process of divorce is similar to the grieving process of death. I can finally understand that, the feeling of loss. Even though it was an agreed decision, it is still a shitty situation and hard accept that I failed at something.

All i can do now is keep my head up and continue on with my life, simply in a new direction. I say simply because I am not ready to face that fact of how HARD it really will be. But as my previous post says, hard work WILL indeed pay off in the end.

--the greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow

No comments: