Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Continue the challenge!

I am on day 6 of my ab/squat challenge! Yesteray's workout has left me quite sore! I did my challenge exercises as well as added in a few others to get my sweat on!

91 unweighted squats
51 situps
30 jumping jacks
30 mountain climbers
25 bicycles
10 ab wheel rolls
40 second plank x 2
I also did some arm training just using a 5lb and 20lb weight dumbbell. Not much but I did enough reps til it hurt!

I even made it to the gym for a slow paced 5K (3.1 miles) on the treadmil and 10 minutes on the rower at the highest resistance.

I am up to 95 squats for my challenge. To some people it seems like nothing, but I can already feel a difference in the muscles in my legs! :) They also have benefited in my running. I hadn't ran for quite a while and I ran those 3.1 miles as if I hadn't taken a break from running!

Aside from keeping up with my challenge, I am about to face another! I just turned in my papers to go active duty Army!!! I am so excited, yet nervous as hell! It's going to be a challenging life change that I am so looking forward to!

--the privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.

No comments: