Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics...

So I had NO idea the Winter Olympics had started! Well anyways, I happened to turn the tv on during one of the women's hockey games, I think Sweden vs. whoever ha! I was more interested in the women's game than I have ever been in men's hockey...and I think it mostly has to do with the fact that we expect men to be good if they are playing on tv. I haven't actually watched women's hockey on tv, and am quite interested. It is pretty awesome watching how talented and skilled these young girls are. As I sit here listening to the game, I am missing hockey terribly. I haven't put on a pair of skates in years :(. Most of these girls were born in the 90's. How old does that make me feel? OLD! And many of the girls playing this year, are on their 3rd or 4th year! It makes me sad though at the same time, I could have pushed myself and worked hard enough to have reached a goal like that, to play in the olympics. My sister, however, did work that hard and push herself to the next level. She tried out for the US women's team. She didn't make it the first time, but there is no doubt in my mind that she could have made it if she tried again. The goalie on the Sweden team, actually plays for the Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs! That was always a dream, to play college hockey! But I just wasn't dedicated at the time! Well enough of that, I missed out on that dream, but am ready to continue with my new ones! Which happends to be marathons. I am planning to run a few races this spring/summer. I am really hoping to run the Grandma's Marathon in Duluth in June this year! Let's hope I can make it back home to MN to run it! :D Anyways, have a good weekend everyone! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: