Saturday, July 12, 2014

Luckiest of them all

I am seriously the luckiest mom in the world!
Life gets ridiculously stressful at times and I get overwhelmed, but at the end of the day, I get to come home to these two!I am on Day 1 of Annual training (10 to go) and already missing my babies. Unfortunately my parents weren't able to watch my kids while I am away...but fortunately their dad was able to take leave to be with them. As hard as it is for me to leave them, I have to trust that they are well taken care of. And I know their dad will do his best. I am glad they are able to have their time with him, and they get to see their grandmother (aka bà nôi). Bri hasn't seen her since 2011 and it will be Linc's first time.I want them to experience their Vietnamese customs and culture. It's something I can't give them on my own. Clearly they have it in their blood and their names Thào My (Bri) and Thanh tù (Linc), but I hope they can speak it, enjoy the cuisine, and one day visit Vietnam where Bà nôi was born. I was not aware of all of the customs and hierarchy of their culture. It hindered my relationship with the family so I at least want my kids to know them and have a close relationship with their relatives. Very few kids are lucky to have a diverse upbringing with different nationalities being a direct part of their lives.



No comments: