Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I heart Germany!

I am back, and it's time for an update! :) As I was doing a bit of soul searching, I realized how dang hard it is to be an "alledged" adult. Life as a child or even a teenager were so easy! This whole being an "alledged" adult is killing me. All these things that need taking care of, all these people who depend on me, the need to make money, and many other things are sitting, or shall I say, stacked on my plate these days. So aside from that moment of complaining, there isn't one single thing I would change! Staying busy with things needing to get done keeps me in check. Of course I need to write EVERY thing down so I don't forget! And having people depend on me is most definitely difficult, but it's a lovely feeling knowing you helped someone out or did your best to fulfill their needs. Oh and making money, luckily, I love to work. I got myself back on 5 days at the restaurant, start working at B's school tomorrow, AND started part-time baysitting some kiddos! It all helps our family in the end! :)

So here I am, busy as can possibly be! It's an amazing feeling! Of course I enjoy being lazy once in a while, but would rather have 6 busy days and 1 lazy day!

Couple other updates:
-B is recovering from a pretty nasty cold. I've never wiped her poor nose so much! :( Because of the recal, I can't even give her tylenol!
-I registered for my first 5k on Friday! I can NOT wait to run it! I am so excited to get out there and run! My goal isto run it in less than 40 minutes, secretly hoping for 35! I have been practicing, and with my adrenaline on high speed, it should happen! Wish me luck!
-T has been busy working! We spent the weekend hang out as a family! We went to the Stuttgart Beer Fest on Sunday, such an awesome day!
-Our friends from the states who are stationed here in Bamburg are hopefully coming to visit! It will be soo nice to see familiar faces!
 Above: Bri's first day of soccer!
 Me chowing down on a Doner Kebab. Europe's version of Chipotle I suppose! :) AMAZING!
 One of the beer tents (more like a shed) at the Stuttgart Volksfest.
 Corn on the Cob stand :)
 Bri clapping to the German band that was playing! The German's get wild! :) I'm not sure what to compare it to, possibly a big county fair, but ten times BETTER! :) The beer fests are beyond fun, and the food and beer are amazing!
 Our little family! We found a nice table and enjoyed our beer, sausages, pretzels, and pommes (fries). Quite tastey!
 B on one of the kiddo rides. Most of them for her size are typically the same! It cost about 2 Euro to ride, which is about $2.30. Expensive, yes!
 Some Germans we met in the beer line! They were friendly and drunk!
View of the Volksfest from the HUGE Ferris Wheel! It was so pretty looking over the city! :)
-That's it for now...my body is tired and needs some rest! Enjoy the photos! :)
Oh and please come visit!

No comments: