Monday, July 11, 2011

Girl with issues!

I am pretty sure this girl, me, has issues!! All sorts of issues, the good, the bad, and the ugly...and I am pretty sure we all have them, some of us just don't like to admit it (myself included). I think I recently came to face that fact that I am a BIG talker and a LITTLE walker, meaning I can talk the talk but sometimes I simply don't walk the walk.

That. Must. Change. Now. Period. Simply for the fact that I have to take care of my family and I just want to be the best I can be! Like they Army used to say, "Be all that you can be!" Corny. I know.

I am probably going to need all the help I can possibly get. Because at times it seems impossible to change who I am, I absolutely know it is POSSIBLE! Where do I begin? Well I guess I have already attempted, as in I began school, sorta got a job, and am potentially planning for the future. And just to clarify, I am not changing "who" I am..simply tweaking the "issues" I am not happy with!

I like to talk about doing things for a long time before I ever actually do it, things such as: running a race, making a quilt, redecorating my room, losing weight, quit drinking, staying happy, unpacking the rest of my boxes, joining the military...etc...You get the idea! I talk...a lot. And now it is time that I back that talk up with accomplishments and simply doing what I say.

Walking the walk...I'm making the quilt i've been talking about for months!! When I came back home, my mom told me to go through my old things from HS. Well, like most of us, we accumulate tshirts from sports, prom, activities, and events throughout the years! I have well over 25 that I just don't or won't wear..so why not put them into a tshirt quilt! I've already got them laid out in the way I want them to look...Step one already complete! Go me!

Random sidenote: so today, is day one without FACEBOOK! Who does that right? Well, I have noticed it simply consumed my much needed time to spend doing homework. The Newsfeed was just much more interesting than chemistry! So I am taking an FB break! Wish me luck!

No comments: