Sunday, January 27, 2013

I hate being...

lazy!! I have been extremely lazy lately and it's annoying actually. I guess I just don't have the motivation I should to get up and go. I've also been so tired, no matter how long I sleep, I am exhausted! I guess working 12 hour over nights don't help, do they!?

Today, however, I woke up with the intention of not being lazy! Here is the lazy-girls workout that gave me a run for my money this morning...

60 crunches
30 bicycle crunches
30 push ups (on knees)
30 squats
30-60 second plank
25 jumping jacks

I did this 3 times, and I was just as sweaty as if I had went to the gym and used the weights. If you want to make it more difficult, add more reps or some hand weights.

To make it a little more challenging, I did the workout with Briahna, and she gave me some of her kindergarden gym workouts too! 5-5-5 (5 situps, 5 push ups, 5 jumping jacks), yoga moves, tushy kickers, flutter kicks, and of course her own made up moves such as the bumble bee and the tinker bell! :) Get your kids and family involved, it makes working out that much more fun!



^photo of me, molly, and bri before our midnight walk in Texas!

You can get an awesome workout just using your own body. I will post another workout tomorrow using just your body. It's convenient especially if you are like me and don't have time to get to the gym, have a chaotic schedule, or are just having a lazy day!

As for my healthy eating, I am still doing well. Of course I have cheat meals/snacks but it doesn't keep me off my game. I think to really see if I am making progress, I am going to get all my body measurements and keep track that way, as weight doesn't always do justice. 


I had a girls night out on Friday, went shopping and out to dinner. I found some awesome deals on some new fitness gear at Scheels, JCPenny, and Lady Footlocker. PS if you are military, Footlocker offers 20% military discount! You really can't beat that! I've gotten all of my shoes there along with some pretty nice clothes too! If I could wear sweats everyday, I would! Love them! Can't wait to rock my new Nike gear!

< I want to run this again with no sweat! Practice makes perfect, right?

--start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.

No comments: